Thursday 11 July 2013

Banana pancakes with fruit


My ideal start of the day goes with a good and not so quick breakfast. On days when I have time to relax, I love taking the time to cook three really good meals. This is one of my favourite breakfasts and it's quite healthy too. The only ingredients you need are some bananas, eggs and olive oil. The rest is completely optional!


Now I can't take complete credit of this recipe since it's been a huge hit on health food blogs. Most recipes say to use about 2 eggs and one banana. I like to switch it up a little since I wanted my pancakes to taste more like banana and less like egg. You can play around with that ratio of course. There is no wrong way of making this, I guarantee this recipe is completely foolproof!

First, grab a small bowl and put your diced banana in it. Grab a fork and turn the bananas into a mash. Then crack one egg into the bowl and stir it through your banana mixture. Now I like the pancakes just as they are but you can also add a bit of sugar, sweetener and cinnamon.

Heat some olive oil in a pan for about a minute. Then cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side or until they look golden. While the pancakes are cooking you have time to dice up some extra fruit to serve with the pancakes. I guarantee that these make a perfect summer breakfast!


Ingredient list (serves 1):

For the pancakes:
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

(makes about three pancakes)

To serve with the pancakes:
- 1 passionfruit
- handful of strawberries
- half a mango
- half a banana
Categories: , , ,