Tuesday 30 July 2013

New York Cheesecake recipe


This is one of my favorite recipes ever. This cheesecake is quite easy to make and it's super delicious. I've made it about 3 times now, using different measurements each time. This time, I feel I've gotten it down to pretty much perfection, so I wanted to share the recipe with you guys.


First of all I need to mention that I bought a new springform pan especially for this cake. I have a regular sized one at home (⌀ 24 cm) and I knew that if I made the cheesecake in that, I would just eat the entire cake myself. I used a smaller one (⌀ 20 cm), which will cut you about 8 normal sized slices instead of 10-12 slices.

First we're going to make the crust of the cheesecake. Melt your butter in the microwave and get your cookies ready. Make sure you blend this all together. Then preheat your oven at 160 degrees Celsius. Cover the bottom of your springform pan and then put it in the oven for about 10 minutes.


This gives us some time to get the filling ready. I have to say that I have tried several combinations and measurements of ingredients and it does not come down to a couple of grams more or less. Start off with throwing all the creamy ingredients into a bowl and mix it all up a little for about 30 seconds. Then add all the other ingredients: sugar, flour, vanilla essence, cinnamon, lemon juice and the egg(s).


This is what it should kind of look like... although this is not a very exciting picture. Moving on!


The crust and the filling are ready now. Just pour it all in... and voilà!


Pop this in the oven for about 50 minutes and it should look something like this:


Mine is slightly on the darker side so I would definitely suggest you check up on your cake after 30 minutes have passed. My cheesecake was still very delicious so it's not a major disaster if it's a bit dark. When it gets out of the oven make sure it cools down inside the oven for a while and then pop it out and leave it to cool down for about an hour and then put it in the fridge for about 4 hours. Then it should be done! Trust me though, it's very difficult to wait.


I topped my cheesecake with some raspberries. Yum, delicious!

Ingredient list

For a springform pan of ⌀ 18-20 cm (relatively small, which is what I used):

- 8 digestive cookies (use 6 for a thin crust, 8-10 for a thicker crust)
- 60 grams of butter
- 2 tubs of cream cheese, 185 grams each (I used philadelphia)
- 1 tub of ricotta (250 grams)
- 1 tub of crème fraîche (125 grams)
- 30 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 large egg

For a springform pan of ⌀ 22-24 cm (regular size):

- 12 digestive cookies
- 100 grams of butter
- 3 tubs of cream cheese, 185 grams each (I used philadelphia)
- 2 tubs of ricotta (250 grams each)
- 1 tub of crème fraîche (125 grams)
- 50 grams of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
Categories: , , ,