Wednesday 7 August 2013

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque/Mask - Review


I was not planning to post another mask review so soon after the last one but I had taken pictures a little while ago. I've been quite sick this past week and the weather has been quite hot which is not something I am able to handle all that well. I've been planning on posting every day for a while now, but somehow things keep stopping me from actually pulling through. Please bear with me though!

This has been my favourite mask ever, I think. I bought it about a year ago and have used it about 10 times, I'd say. There's still plenty left (I'd say you can use it for about 20 times, possibly more depening on how much you use). The Mint Julep Masque is incredibly cheap (depending on where you get it, though) and works really well. 


It promises to remove excess oil and refine pores (it doesn't! although it does clean them). The mask is a clay mask, which often are quite good at absorbing oil. I used to use it on my entire face but I must say that stung a bit too much on my cheeks, who are not oily anyway. I love using this on my t-zone. It really does clean pores well and it makes my t-zone pretty matte. I love the ingredients, except for the added fragrance and the price of course is pretty great!


Here's what my face looks like after the mask had been on for a few minutes. I hate how I forgot a bit on my nose, though!


And here's a little zoomed in version. This mask is pretty great for anyone with oily skin/an oily t-zone.